We expect that, before fielding, each Militia member has attended our training sessions and/or is able to demonstrate proficiency in the drill as commonly used in our engagements.
What and Where
Venues may change from year to year, but the basic schedule looks like this:
- Day 1 – Basics I – footwork & marching
- Day 2 – Basics II – formations
- Day 3 – Musket Drill
- Day 4 – Musket safety and maintenance (including field maintenance)
- Day 5 – Light infantry skirmishing
- Day 6 – Street fighting
Session content is subject to change based on weather and proficiency of members.
What to Bring
- When possible, members should be attired in the same dress that they wear on the field.
- For indoor training, hard soled shoes are recommended for foot drills.
- Muskets are NOT required for sessions 1 and 2.
- Water or other suitable rehydration method is recommended.